How We Solve Salt Lake City Wildlife Problems
It starts with your phone call. We answer our phones 24/7, and we will carefully listen to your wildlife problem. Every case is different, so we will ask appropriate questions to help
us understand the situation better. Questions like, "do you hear the noises at night or during the daytime?" or "what type of roof do you have?" After we have a general idea of your
situation, we can provide a ballpark price range, and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment to inspect your property.
INSPECTION: Once on site, we will perform a full inspection of your home and property. This allows us to use the correct strategy and
traps. If the animals are in an attic, a full building inspection is crucial, including the following:
- All ground-level areas, such as piper or A/C line entry & exit areas, A/C chase bottoms, ground-level vents, etc.
- All mid-level areas, such as dryer vents, siding gaps, first floor eaves or dormers, etc.
- We inspect the entire roof, including all plumbing stacks, ridge caps, vents, and other potential gaps or holes.
- We also inspect inside your attic, to identify animals and damage they have caused.
- If the animals are outside, we notice many subtle clues that will assist us in a successful strategy.
TRAPPING, EXCLUSION, REMOVAL: Once we understand what animal species we are dealing with, and the problem, we use the most effective means of removing the animals. We use dozens of different types of traps.
- Trapping - If trapping the animal(s) in live cage traps, trap type, set, and location are crucial to success.
- Exclusion - Oftentimes, we are able to simply set one-way doors or other exclusion devices that allow the animals inside a building to safely exit, but never get back inside.
- Removal By Hand - Sometimes we actually remove animals by hand, or with special tools like snare poles.
- The Law - In all cases, we obey state and local laws regarding wildlife, but aim to take the most humane approach.
ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS: Repairs are a crucial step in the wildlife removal process. In many cases, such as bat or rodent control, the job cannot be performed without detailed repairs, and in
all cases, sealing the entry holes shut ensures that no future wildlife will ever enter your home.
- 100% of the entry holes must be found, and sealed shut, or the job is not complete.
- Our repairs are professional contractor grade, look good, and when applicable we use steel, which rodents such as rats or squirrels are unable to chew through.
- We give a written guarantee on our repairs against any future animal entry.
ATTIC DECONTAMINATION SERVICES: It may be desirable to clean your attic after we've removed the animals. They can leave behind large amounts of droppings,
urine, hair, oils, food, nesting material, and so on. These remnants can attract insects like cockroaches, and the scent left behind can encourage new animals to chew their way into your
house. You might experience odor problems from the waste. It's possible that mold will grow on waste areas.
- We remove or vacuum all droppings, or remove all the soiled insulation.
- We fog the attic with a special enzyme-based cleaner that destroys any organic matter and deodorizes the space.
- We repair damage, such as ductwork, electrical wires, pipes, insulation, and more.
The above are just a brief explanation of some of our methods. I haven't even addressed the hundreds of other potential cases that we deal with, from bat exclusions, to poison-free rodent control, to dead animal removal, bird roosting
prevention, mole trapping in a yard, ground-based exclusion barriers around a shed, etc. etc. Just give us a call any time, and we can describe in detail how we will resolve your specific wildlife problem.
Wildlife can cause serious damage to your home. From their first entry, all the way until we are able to remove
whatever has made it's way into your home. Wildlife will not only leave droppings in the area of
infestation creating a great life source for bacteria that is dangerous to your home and pets,
but some wildlife such as rodents can chew through wires causing fires! We specialize in prevention as
well as trapping and removing wildlife. So if you have been seeing
droppings or hearing movement in your home give us a call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
We service Salt Lake City as well as the following cities: Alta, Bluffdale, Cottonwood Heights,
Draper, Herriman, Holladay, Midvale, Ophir, Riverton, Rush Valley, South Jordan, South Salt Lake, Stockton, Tooele, Vernon, Wendover, West Jordan, West Valley City,
, and Sandy
. We also service the
following coutnies: Beaver County, Carbon County, Davis County, Emery County, Garfield County,
Iron County, Rich County, and Tooele County. If you do not see your area listed above please give us
To learn more about our services, visit the Salt Lake City wildlife control
Other Salt Lake City animal pest control topics:
What Equipment is Needed to Catch Opossums
What does Rat Poison do to a Rat
Is it Legal to Trap a Raccoon
What You Need to Know About Skunks
This month's wildlife how-to article: What Diseases Do Rats Carry?
What Diseases Do Rats Carry?
If you are playing with a wild Salt Lake City rat, you should be ready for serious virus or bacterial disease from it.
There is wild range of diseases associated with Utah rats which you need to be aware of in case you want to
play or live with them under same roof. Rat diseases ranges from Bubonic Plague, Salmonella, Rat-bite Fever,
Leptospirosis to tapeworm Murine Typhus and others. This article is going to highlight on some of this disease
for you to know the symptoms and some possible cure for them.
The Bubonic Plague from Rat
In the human population, rats are primary source of most plague infections. The bubonic plague is a terrible
disease spread to human from Salt Lake City rat through fleas. You can easily get this disease through rat bite of just inhalation
of the plague bacterium into your nostril. It is a dangerous plague which can lead to human death if not handled
effectively and timely. It is always fatal within few days and always manifest in form of smallpox and can spread from
person to person. The good news is that this disease can easily be treated with antibiotics.
Salmonella Rat Disease
Due to the parasites carried by the Salt Lake City rat which cause lots of disease like salmonella and others, wild Utah rats are in no
way friend of human being. Simply by getting in contact with droppings of a rat infected with this disease, you can
easily get salmonella. More so, if you consume contaminated foods, you can get this disease. It can cause serous
gastroenteritis making it a dangerous disease from rat to human.
The Rat-Bite Fever
The rat-bite- fever, is one of the dangerous diseases from rat and it is known to be fatal in about 10% of the
untreated cases. This disease can affect human being through rat bites or getting in contact with Utah rat urine.
The Leptospirosis from Rat
This is another dangerous disease caused by the Salt Lake City rat which can easily be transmitted to human being through in contact
with rat droppings or contaminated foods. The disease can be fatal mostly when left untreated. More so, it can be
difficult to diagnose and treat due to the complicated nature of the disease. These and more are the reasons why
you need to ensure that you keep off from rats and their droppings in your home as much as you can. There are many
more diseases associated with parasite carried by wild Utah rats.