No, rat poison does NOT make the rat thirsty. Poison does not cause the rodent to go out to drink, and thus die outside. Rat poison makes the rat lethargic, and it dies wherever it
happens to be when the poison takes effect. Since rats living inside a house or building spend the majority of their time inside the building, a majority of
the time, rats will die inside that building, not outside. If you want to get rid of rats, you can hire us in SLC, or if you live elsewhere, or for excellent general do-it-yourself information,
visit www.attic-rat.com/, which has step-by-step instructions to permanently get rid of rats.
Will Poison Make A Rat or Mouse Thirsty And Die (NO - That's A Myth)
Does Poison Make Rats and Mice Thirsty?
People use poisons because they think it is a safe, effective, hands-off method of removing pests. They have certain ideas about it, but how much of that is true?
One idea many carry is that poison will make rodents thirsty. When they consume the poison, they will suddenly have a strong, unquenchable thirst. That will lead them outside, in search of water, where they will eventually die.
With this idea, poison seems like the obvious answer. It gets the mice out and kills them, removing your problem entirely with few to no downsides.
Problem is, none of that is true. Poison is not going to have this effect on rats or mice, or any other animal for that matter.
Use of Poison
Poison does not lead to thirst. It is not going to cause mice to leave a property to try to find water. None of this is true and it is all a myth.
Poison will kill mice, but not through thirst. Poisons kill mice in a variety of other ways, depending on the type of poison you use.
With no poison will the rodent want to leave the property, however. With every one, there is a higher chance of the mouse dying in its nest. Typically, this is going to mean inside of your walls.
Poisoned ratns and mice are likely going to build up inside the walls, and that is if they all eat the poison. There are numerous other issues with poison, such as its ability to kill other animals and the pain it brings to mice, that add to the negatives of it as a pest solution.
Instead of Poison
You do not have to use poison. It is a hands-off method, but the problems it creates far outweigh the positives.
Thanks to traps and exclusion, you do not have to rely on poisons. Poisons are the inferior choices as a whole. They do not provide the quality or the effectiveness or the benefits you need here.
Both traps and exclusion can show great results with fewer downsides. You will have to do some work yourself, but you see a lot more advantages when you choose them over poison.
Poison does not make a rat thirsty. It does not do a lot of good at all, honestly. With options like traps and exclusion, there is no reason to choose it at all. There are not enough benefits to justify its use.
A plethora of Utah pest control companies normally make use of poison to kill Salt Lake City rats. Many Utah homeowners also usually do the same
with hope that rat will go outside when it want to die after consuming the poison. It is true that poison may
not be able to provide you with permanent solution to rat infestation yet; it will kill high percentage of the
rat. This normally results to having oodles of rat carcasses in the attic, roof and other parts of the home after
application of rat poison. Littering of rat carcasses in your Salt Lake City attic, roof and other parts of your home can result
to environmental pollution which will not be ok for your health and those of your neighbors. A single rotten rat
can make your home uncomfortable, terrible and horrible with bad smell.
The Myth about Rat Poison by Pest Control Companies
Honestly, most Utah rat poison producers and Salt Lake City pest control companies normally tell a big lie about rat poison. The echo
“Off course the rat will feel thirsty and go outside to die” This is indeed, not true and convince you more about this
assertion, you will never read a claim of such in a rat poison label meaning that it is just but a myth from the pest
control companies in a bid to lure homeowners into hiring them for pest control. For that reason, you should not believe
any company that claim to rid your Salt Lake City home from rat infestation with the use of rat poison as that does not produce permanent
and safe solution.
Do You Want To Use Poison To Kill Rat In Your Home? Be Ready For Horrible Smell
You cannot say no one warned you about the effect of rat poison to your Salt Lake City home. It is going to kill any rat that eat
it and the rat will likely move into a hidden place like your attic, under the bed, on inside your shoes and shoe
bags, un top of your fan, inside your wardrobes and any other hidden places in your home. That will make them to
cause serious pollution to your home. For that reason, if you want to avoid horrible smell and terrible odor what
you need to do is to make use of other method like trapping, shooting, repelling and others.
How Rat Die After Eating Poison
Instead of the general believe about rat feeling thirsty and going outside to die after consuming poison,
the truth is that rat will start to bleed from inside. They will not feel thirsty or hungry. They will end
up suffering seriously within themselves and becoming very lazy and will not be able to go outside before they will die.
To learn more about our services, visit the Salt Lake City wildlife removal home page.